AIDS Foundation of South Africa 2019 Job
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building. AFSA has been selected to be appointed by the Global Fund as one of the Principal Recipients (PRs) that will manage programmes to be funded by the grant.
Job Title: AGYW Programme Manager
Job Location: Durban
Job Type: FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
Job Duration: April 2019 – March 2021
The Organisation wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as an Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Programme Manager. Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment. This position will be based at the AFSA offices in Durban.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and oversee the effective implementation and coordination of the AGYW programme interventions
- Prepare Sub-recipient (SR) performance frameworks, in collaboration with the PR’s Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and SR Programme Managers
- Ensure that staff working within AGYW programme is documenting, and reporting on, their work correctly
- Ensure the programme is adequately resourced in terms of staff complement, manage and monitor programme deliverables
- Manage AGYW programme budget and expenditure
- Oversee program implementation as per the programme SOPs
- Draft and present program reports
- Manage communication relating to AGYW programme internally and externally
- Identifying and promoting effective practices for AGYW programmes in Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal
- Responsible for risk management and crisis response planning
- Create a performance culture for SRs and institute remedial actions to address poor performance as and when necessary
- Degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in social development or corporate CSI
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working on International Donor funded programmes specifically focused on work related to adolescent girls and young women
- Flexibility and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment is required
- Experience working in the non-profit sector in South Africa
- Fluent in English and have excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in results based planning, monitoring and evaluation; conducting research, publishing and documenting projects
- Knowledge of international donor aid compliance requirements essential
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS Project, advanced Excel)
- Excellent report writing and editorial skills.
- Driver’s license and the ability to drive essential
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license with the reference “AGYW Programme Manager” in the subject line via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16/02/2019.
Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively, you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – should you not hear from us by 20/02/2019, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.
Application Deadline: 18th Feb, 2019