Airports Company: Operations Coordinator Job Vacancy 2019
Operations Coordinator – (19000035)
An exciting career opportunity exists dedicated individuals to join the Airport Management Division at Cape Town International Airport
Key Performance Outputs
The Operations Coordinator reporting to the Senior Operations Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of daily and real time operations between all the functional areas of the airport:
- Managing capacity through coordinating infrastructure maintenance and development projects.
- Providing views and making recommendations in terms of impact and availability of infrastructure across all operational areas.
- Providing and utilising available information to improve process and system efficiency.
- Coordinating testing and simulating contingencies to mitigate risk.
- Ensuring business continuity during emergency situations (Phase 3 – crash/highjack).
- Monitoring and managing processes and system efficiencies within operations.
- Ensure compliance to relevant statutory/legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, policies and practices.
- Ensuring that operations are executed in accordance with existing contract (SLA).
- Reporting on operational performance and highlighting areas of material variances.
- Directing and coordinating stakeholders to ensure passengers are processed efficiently
- Participate in the compilation of annual operational budgets
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such, will be required:
- A relevant Diploma.
- A relevant Degree or a certificate in Airport Operations is recommended.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Airport Operations / Operational equivalent.
- A driver’s licence code B.
- Knowledge on immigration, customs and port health laws will serve as an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is necessary.
The ideal candidate must be able to clearly explain a point of view and its reasoning in both one-on-one and large audience situations, in a tactful, non-confrontational and polite manner. Ability to write accurately and professionally in multiple formats, with the correct amount of detail and practically solving problems are essential. The role requires someone who sets definite milestones and acts to achieve goals, and consistently achieves results. The incumbent needs to be adaptable, demonstrate good judgement and achieve win-win outcomes. Remaining market aware and being politically astute are critical success factors for this role.
This position will be filled in line with ACSA’s values and Employment Equity policy and plan. Preference will be given to members of designated groups that are under-represented.
: Cape Town International
: Airport-COR (23500P)
: Business Operations-COR (13000P)
: Apr 30, 2019, 10:59:00 PM