How to Apply for the South Africa Smart ID Card Online
The Department of Home Affairs is proud to present eHomeAffairs to enable you as a South African born citizen to apply your Smart ID Card and/or passport online.
- Submit applications online
- Upload supporting documents
- Make online payments
- And schedule a booking to visit a Home Affairs enabled Bank offices
Note: A branch visit is mandatory for the capture and verification of your biometric detail (photos, fingerprints and signature). No appointment/booking is required to visit any Home Affairs office.
Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, The Department of Home Affairs (DHA) (including its owners, employees, suppliers, Internet service providers, partners, affiliates and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever directly or indirectly resulting from
- Access to the Home Affairs website
- Inability to access the Home Affairs website
- Content available on the DHA website including but not limited to legal information whether it be complete or incomplete, accurate or inaccurate or up to date for whatsoever reason;
- Services available from the Home Affairs website
- Downloads and use of content from the Home Affairs web site
- Any other reason not directly related to Home Affairs’s gross negligence
The DHA web site is supplied on an “As Is” basis and has not been compiled to meet the User’s individual requirements. It is the responsibility of the User to satisfy himself or herself, prior to entering into this agreement with DHA, that the content available from and through the DHA web site meets the User’s individual requirements and is compatible with the User’s computer hardware and/or software.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on the DHA web site should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of DHA and Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to the information, ideas or opinions expressed on the DHA web site.
DHA does not make any warranties or representation that content and services available from the DHA web site will in all cases be true, correct or free from any errors. DHA shall take all reasonable steps to ensure the quality and accuracy of content available from the DHA web site.
DHA does not make any warranties or representations that the DHA web site shall be available at all times. Users acknowledge that the DHA web site may be unavailable due to updates or other causes beyond the reasonable control of DHA, including, but not limited to virus infection, unauthorised access (hacking), power failure or other “natural causes”.