Grassroot Soccer New Vacant Position 2018
Grassroot Soccer (GRS) is an innovative, international adolescent health organisation that educates, inspires and mobilises at-risk young people to overcome their greatest health challenges and live healthier, more productive lives. As a leader in the Sport for Development field, GRS uses the power of soccer to connect young people with the mentors, information and health services they need to thrive, and empowers adolescents to make educated choices about pressing health challenges such as HIV and AIDS, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and gender-based violence. GRS’s evidence-based programmes, led by trained local Coaches, incorporate soccer into dynamic lessons about health and wellness that engage young people and break down cultural barriers. With proven results and a constant focus on research and innovation, GRS has reached over 2 million young people in 50 countries with adolescent-friendly health education.
Title: GRSP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Division: Grassroot Soccer Partnerships (GRSP)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Manager: Global Partnerships Director
The Grassroot Soccer Partnerships (GRSP) Team oversees GRS relationships with a wide a range of implementing partner organisations across over 50 countries. The team supports these organisations to replicate the GRS model and provides remote and occasional in-person technical support to these organisations to increase their capacity to deliver GRS interventions in their communities.
Working closely with the Partnerships Director, Programme Managers, Training Team, the MEL Coordinator will be responsible for supporting implementing partners to submit timely, valid, and complete data and ensuring the data is uploaded into the GRS Sales force data system and analysed regularly for status updates and learnings. The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for conducting site visits to train on M&E processes, conduct DQAs of partner data, and to support utilization of the learnings from the data. This includes ensuring that the GRSP team is able to report timely on all grants as needed. The MEL Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting GRSP’s alignment to the Global RM&E processes. They will work closely with the M&E Advisor, and the Sales force Administrator to ensure the systems and processes for data collection, storage and analysis work within the mission and functions of the Partnerships unit. The MEL Coordinator will also support on evaluations of partnership programs to support the evidence and effectiveness of our model.
These efforts will ensure GRS remains a leading organization in adolescent health promotion and strategically guides the organization to achieve its scale strategy and goal of enabling young people to have the life-saving skills they need to thrive. The Partnerships MEL Coordinator will report to the Global Partnerships Director.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Data Flow Management and M&E Coordination [45%]
- Salesforce Technical Assistance [15%]
- Data Reporting & Analysis [20%]
- Evaluation Support [10%]
- Tool Development [10%]
Key Performance Areas:
Data Flow Management and M&E Coordination: Oversee data flow process to ensure efficiency and high quality data.
- Work closely with M&E staff at partner organizations to ensure that the M&E system is outlined and clear, and that an M&E framework has been developed
- Work closely with GRSP program staff to build out M&E frameworks for all programs
- Coordinate with Partner M&E staff and GRS program staff to build out a data flow process and standard operating procedures
- Train GRS and partners on M&E process to ensure achievement of project objectives and data flow process operates smoothly
- Oversee data collection processes and entry into the Salesforce database (e.g., upload scorecards, support direct data entry through force.com link, partner accounts, etc.)
- Cross-check for accuracy by managing the approvals process and regularly reviewing the Data Quality Assessment dashboards.
Salesforce Technical Assistance: Coordinate GRSP’s M&E system to ensure high quality data for analysis, reporting and learning.
- Liaise with Global M&E team and GRSP Program team to ensure Salesforce meets GRSP reporting requirements
- Coordinate complete and timely data entry into Salesforce
- Update reports and dashboards for visual mapping of data and program accomplishments
- Assist with pulling reports and analysing data as needed
- Ensure annual unit targets, key performance indicators, grant indicators, and all other indicators are uploaded, managed, and linked in the system effectively
- Write and maintain GRSP Standard Operating Procedures and training materials (e.g., manuals, videos, etc.)
- Assist Global M&E with training business unit staff to better navigate and utilize the Scoreboard
- Maintain GRSP case tracking, liaising with Global M&E staff and monitoring the ease and efficacy of Salesforce for GRSP M&E needs
Data Reporting & Analysis: Coordinate, interpret, and share data for the benefit of GRSP and its partner organizations.
- Create dashboards, custom reports, and list-views for GRS partners, accounts, grants and others as needed
- Design a system to manage reports, reporting deadlines, and ensure reports are complete and accurate
- Create quarterly monitoring reports (i.e. data reviews) for partner organizations with trends, summary statistics, and deeper analysis as needed
- Compile monitoring data, dashboards, and analysis for GRSP grant reports
- Monitor the Scoreboard to analyse trends across sites, years, highlighting successes and challenges, and share findings
- Liaise with Program staff and leadership to complete KPI reports and submit GRSP data for inclusion in annual reports and analyses
- Support report writing and data analysis for reporting on all Partnership grants and programs
Tool Development: Maintain a keen eye for M&E tool user experience at all levels of the data flow process (e.g., data collection forms, database direct data entry portal, etc.) and relevance to the GRSP context.
- Liaise with Global M&E team to generate new tools and update existing tools (e.g., attendance register, pre/post questionnaires, etc.) to capture data toward programme and grant indicators and KPIs
- Ensure that partners are using the correct tools and trained to implement the tools correctly
- Support qualitative data collection and quantitative data collection at all partners
- Advise on tool adaptation and update as needed
- Integrate tools into Salesforce and make sure all components of the M&E system function as expected.
Research & Evaluation Support: Coordinate and support partners and the GRSP team on all evaluations conducted with partners.
- Support partners with advice, research questions, tool development and research design to assess programs and make improvements
- Obtain feedback on programs from beneficiaries and stakeholders through focus groups, site visits, and M&E data
- Support partners on process evaluations, formative research, and other evaluations as needed.
- Liaise with Global technical team and Technical Advisors to ensure GRS input is incorporated into evaluation protocols, and Partnership research aligns with GRS research priorities
- Use GRS’s extensive monitoring data to analyze and evaluate efficacy of partner programs
Qualifications, Competencies, Requirements:
- Bachelors degree required, with demonstrated strong academic performance in Monitoring & Evaluation, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in monitoring & evaluation of international health projects, preferably in Africa
- Passion for and commitment to Grassroot Soccer’s mission and vision
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative program evaluation methods
- Ability to run statistical analyses
- Previous experience with Salesforce prefered or a similar online database
- Previous experience with data analysis software packages such as R or Stata preferred
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programs across various countries and staff/volunteers/partners from various cultures
- Ability to work with drive and enthusiasm and to function in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively in cross-cultural team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and relationship building skills. Additional verbal ability in languages of Spanish, French Portuguese, or Swahili a plus.
- Ability to manage daily work assignments and problem-solve with little supervision
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title the email “Partnerships MEL Coordinator”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 3 August, 2018