Saab Grintek Defence Technical Learnership 2017
We currently have a learning opportunity for a post matric candidate to join our Maintenance team in Simons Town. The position requires a self-driven individual with good communication skills and be willing to work on multi-disciplinary tasks. CLOSING DATE: 15-Aug-17
LOCATION: Simons Town
Saab Grintek Defence (Simons Town) is based at the South African Navy Dockyard and provides maintenance support to the Navy fleet.
What you will be part of
We currently have a learning opportunity for a post matric candidate to join our Maintenance team in Simons Town.
The position requires a self-driven individual with good communication skills and be willing to work on multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Assisting Electronic Technicians with their daily tasks i.e. maintenance, repair and testing of Electronic Warfare equipment
- Assisting with stores functions i.e. collection, deliveries and stock taking
- Assisting Electronics Technicians with administration functions
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Physically fit
- It is essential that no criminal record exists
- Good time keeping
- Must be able to adapt to an ever-changing and challenging environment
- Must be able to work in confined space and on-board all of the South African Naval vessels
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able and willing to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
Saab Grintek Defence in South Africa will give preference to South African citizens and those that advance its employment equity goals and objectives.
CONTACT: Zeenat Parkar
Click Here to APPLY ONLINE